Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wang The Great



Most of us are already so excited about what will Alexander Wang do next for the legendary fashion house Balenciaga. Well, at least I am. I think Wang is the current genius in fashion industry, mixing newest technology in fabrication, and creating a bold statement look. Since he took over the helm as creative director from Nicolas Ghesquiere, a lot of pros and cons are happening regarding his vision for this label. Wang is demanded to give a fresh new image combining the luxury and sophisticated philosophy of Balenciaga, mixing it with his urban sporty chic identity. 

When today this ad campaigns images landed on the internet, it just says it all. Starring supermodel Kristen McMenamy, and shot by Steven Klein these images captures the look of a Balenciaga woman. Focuses on very structured, streamlined, elegant clothes and accessories , the campaigns gives the mysterious yet strong image to define the whole collection. I have no doubts that this collection will be one of the most sought after collection among the fashion's elites. Bravo Alexander Wang, you nailed it again!




And by the way, this is the first entry of this blog. Been wanted to create a fashion blog for a long time, but the courage just kicked in recently. Basically I just wanted a platform where I can spit out my thoughts on current fashion scene. This blog will cover both men's and women's fashion and style. I'm so greedy I want to cover the best from both worlds, so yeah, let's see how it goes. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment